Dental Veneers Can Help You Achieve the Look You Desire
A great solution to help you achieve the look you desire is available with dental veneers. If you have chipped teeth, gaps between your teeth or misshapen teeth you will find dental veneers a popular choice for you.
Dental veneers will be available in the form of thin covers that are fixed to the front teeth to give them a classically shaped appearance. The dentist you consult for veneers will offer you a variety of options to choose from. Discussing with your dentist about the option best suited for you will be the most reliable way to go ahead with the placements.
Why Should You Consider Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are a simple option if you are looking forward to improving your smile. They are placed over the front and the visible part of the tooth. They appear like natural teeth and can be used to rectify many dental issues such as:
- Discolored teeth that cannot be whitened even by bleaching.
- Worn or chipped teeth.
- Misshapen or crooked teeth.
- The lip area
- Large gaps between the upper front teeth and uneven spaces.
Veneers are developed from porcelain or composite resin material and the dentist in Port Coquitlam will offer you all the help you need to choose the appropriate material suitable for you. Veneers despite being made from different material have individual benefits which are listed below.
Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are customized to fit on your tooth. The benefits of porcelain veneers are as follows:
- There are long-lasting because of their strength.
- They have a surface that looks natural.
- They do not stain easily.
- Minimum tooth enamel needs to be removed than with other placements.
Placing Porcelain Veneers
- A small amount of enamel will be removed by the dentist in Burnaby from the front and the sides of the teeth. The removal makes space for the veneers to make your teeth look natural.
- An impression or mold of the prepared teeth will be made by the dentist who also decides on the shade of the veneer that will suit your smile.
- The impression will be forwarded to the dental laboratory that will customize the porcelain veneers for your teeth. The laboratory will take several days to complete the development but the dentist would have provided you temporary veneers to wear in the meanwhile.
- The veneers will be placed on your teeth during the next visit to verify the shape and fit. After making any adjustments that are needed your teeth will be cleaned and the veneers cemented to the tooth.
- Additional changes if needed may be made during a later appointment.
Composite Resin Veneers
Composite resin veneers are made from a tooth-colored material used for fillings and cemented to the tooth. The benefits of composite resin veneers are mentioned below:
- These require even less enamel to be removed when compared to crowns or porcelain veneers.
- They require fewer visits to the dentist and can at times be placed in just a single visit.
- They are an affordable option compared to porcelain veneers.
- They are easy to repair if they get damaged. This variety is not as strong or wear-resistant as porcelain veneers but can be repaired easily and quickly.
The Placement of Composite Resin Veneers
- After your dentist prepares and reshapes your teeth these will be carefully cemented and sculpted by using a color best suited for your needs.
- The composite is hardened and bonded to your teeth by using a special light.
- To make them appear like natural teeth they are smoothed and polished.
What Do Dentists Recommend When Considering Veneers?
Dentists operating in Vancouver and Brentwood want you to have the best smile possible when you decide to have veneers in your mouth. They will provide you the following advice:
- You need to have healthy teeth and gums before getting veneers and any conditions you could be suffering from can be treated by the dentist.
- Veneers will not be suggested if you have a problem with bruxism because they are prone to cracking and chipping.
- The removal of the enamel from your tooth is an irreversible procedure.
- With time the veneers can come loose in which case new placements will be needed.
Caring for Your Veneers
- You will be recommended not to bite your fingernails and show on hard objects such as ice and pencils.
- You will take a few days to get accustomed to the placements and are recommended to contact your dentist if the placement does not seem right.
- Maintaining proper oral hygiene is essential because cavities can develop even with veneers on your teeth.
After making a significant investment for improving your smile in dental veneers the best option for you would be to care for them appropriately failing which you may be required to make more investments all over again.