Cosmetic Dentistry is all about teeth aesthetics. It has more to do with the appearance of your teeth and less to do with functionality. If your teeth are chipped, stained, discolored, teeth with gaps between them or anything you feel thwarts your beauty and confidence. Contact your dentist in Burnaby and restore your youthful smile. Your Burnaby Dentist will provide you with the most befitting treatment among numerous modern cosmetic dentistry procedures in hand.
Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry includes the following procedures:
- Teeth Whitening: Who doesn’t like white teeth? Fighting the yellow smile is something people from all age groups suffer from. Your teeth might get discolored due for several reasons. These may include excessive consumption of sugary food, beverages with high caffeine content, smoking, and poor dental hygiene. Modern restorative dentistry has the perfect solution for you. Your discolored teeth are treated through “bleaching”. Your dentist evaluates your smile and teeth and bleaches them accordingly. Over-the-counter bleaching methods are available but going with dentist-supervised bleaching is the smart thing to do.
More effective whitening procedures like “Laser Whitening” are also an option if the expense is not a concern.
- Dental Bonding: Sometimes due to accidents, poor dental hygiene or simply age your teeth might be worn out. In such cases, fillings, crowns, and bridges don’t seem to work. In that case, “bonding” is the perfect treatment for you. In this procedure, an enamel-like material is applied to your teeth’s surface. It is then shaped, sculpted, polished, and finally bonded to your teeth. Inlays and Onlays are the most popular form of dental bonding. It is used to repair decayed and cracked teeth.
- Veneers: Dental Veneers or *Hollywood Teeth” are super-thin composites or custom-made tooth-colored porcelain shells. They are ‘bonded’ to the front surface of the teeth. They change the colour, shape or length of your teeth making your smile more beautiful than ever.
- Straightening/ Invisalign Treatment: You must be aware of the obsolete metal braces procedure for teeth straightening, modern cosmetic dentistry offers a new and better alternative called Invisalign Treatment. Whether you have over-crowded teeth, teeth with too much spacing between them, misaligned teeth or you just don’t see that perfect tinge of perfection, Invisalign is the best of treatments to choose from. You are given clear, removable aligners which you can take off while eating, brushing, or before going to a party. Cost-effective and comfortable, Invisalign has satisfied thousands of patients over this decade.
- Dental Implants: With ageing, teeth get worn out and might need to be replaced. Dental Implants are perfect replacements for decayed teeth. In this procedure, the teeth to be replaced are taken out. After a few days, a titanium implant is inserted into the missing teeth’s socket or jawbone. It gets healed and fixated on itself in a few weeks. Dental Implants are of various types. You can sit and talk with the dentist near you and pick the treatment that fits your problem the best.
- Bridges and Crowns: Having missing teeth with age is a problem eventually faced by all. Dental Bridges and Crowns are the most common and cost-effective solutions for the situation when you’re missing one or more teeth. In bridging, teeth on both sides of the space left by missing teeth are prepared(false teeth) and cemented in place of the original missing teeth.
Crowns or dental caps are used to entirely cover or “cap” a damaged, discoloured, decayed, or poorly shaped teeth. They may also be used to cover Implants for additional protection. Crowns can be made of any material mostly porcelain and are usually bonded to the teeth using dental cement.
Visit the dentist near you and know what qualifies as the best treatment for you.
Don’t compromise on your smile. With Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry ageing is not a worry, you can have the perfect youthful teeth you always wanted. Your Dentist Burnaby BC will have just the right solution for you. Burnaby Heights Dental Care is a team of experienced and caring dental professionals who listen to all your problems and help figure out the best deal. Visit them today and restore the smile of your dreams.