Are your wisdom teeth causing you pain, discomfort, swollen gums, or bleeding? Is it difficult for you to chew food or does your food gets stuck in wisdom teeth? These are all signs of impacted wisdom teeth. Your dentist in Burnaby can guide you on the line of treatment after thorough diagnosis and will answer all your queries.
What causes impacted wisdom teeth?
Wisdom teeth are the third molars located at the back of your mouth. These teeth are last to come in and they get impacted when there is lack of space for them to erupt. Other reasons for impacted wisdom teeth can be that they are not in alignment or they are growing at an angle which is preventing them to erupt. Impacted wisdom teeth can become a cause of concern as they can be extremely painful and make it difficult for you to chew. You may consider tooth removal in Burnaby for getting relief from the symptoms from a Burnaby Heights dentist.
Sings of Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- One of the most common sign of impacted wisdom teeth is pain in the involved area. The pain can vary from being consistent, throbbing, or intermittent. It can be severe, pricking, and can even be felt in ear, eyes, head, face or jaws.
- Difficulty in opening mouth because of swelling is also a sign of impacted teeth.
- You can also feel change in your taste sensation and bad odor.
- The gums may get swollen, tender, and red.
- Bleeding gums while brushing also signify impacted wisdom teeth.
- Impacted teeth can also change the way your teeth closes on top of each other.
If you notice one or more of these signs, it is a must to consult a Burnaby dentist as impacted teeth can also cause other problems such as:
- Cyst/ abscess
- Mouth ulcers near the impacted teeth
- Damage to adjoining teeth
- Gum diseases
- In some cases fever
If the symptoms of impacted wisdom tooth are quite apparent, you must see a dentist for tooth extraction in Burnaby.